The maximum scanning area of 200 x 130cm can be extended to larger size thanks to the Scan Merge tool
Colour, specular reflections, embossing effects and even 3D are all calculated from the information provided by the lighting system
With an optical resolution of 1200 PPI (adjustable from 100 to 36000 PPI) and a very large depth of field
SURF 3D provides features that are not available in an ordinary scanner such as extended customization over the enlightening of the original and 3D embossing data (e.g. for using in 3D printing or embossing applications).
Therefore, the SURF 3D scanner is particularly aimed to medium size digital printing applications requiring colour, visual 3D and/or real 3D data (e.g. reproduction of small fine arts, customized phone covers, restaurant menu with fancy cover, wrapping objects with special materials, creating gadgets, small productions, proofing, etc.); medium size ceramic and wallpaper applications; 3D rendering applications, where the scanner can be used to capture material properties (diffuse MAP, Bump MAP, etc.) in order to perfectly reproduce the material in CGI and CAD applications.
This scanner can generate color accurate high-resolution images including a 3D Depth MAP (embossing data) and glossiness MAP (representing the surfaces reflection properties).
The SURF 3D scanning software has been designed in order to provide extremely simple usage and at the same time without compromising performances and image quality. It also integrates the METIS Light Inspector software which allows designers, among other things, to optimize colour and embossing data for a specific output or use.
- Maximum scan format (without stitching): 49×32 cm
- Maximum scan format (with 1x stitching): ~49×60 cm
- Maximum scan format (with 2x stitching): ~49×85 cm
- Maximum original thickness: ~5cm
- Optical Resolution: 450PPI (software scalable)
- very large depth of field
- Integrated Camera: Canon EOS 5DS (50Mpixels)
- Focusing: lens autofocus (software controlled)
- Lighting spec: 8 independently controlled light sources
- Light source Type: High CRI LEDs, IR/UV free
- Capture Time (full format and resolution): ~30 sec.
- Capture + Save Time (full format and resolution): ~1 min.
- Holding Table type: sliding drawer can fully extend in the front and back of the scanner to facilitate mounting the original but also for stitching purposes
- Drawer size: 85x70cm * / **
- * scanning area is anyway limited to 49x32cm
- ** long originals can be fitted but will not be entirely supported
- Scanner size: 95cm width, 70cm depth, 150cm height
- Runs natively at 64bit on Windows 10 Professional 64bit
- Full ICC Profiles support (for precise color matching)
- Easy scanner calibration tools
- Easy to use interface with Live View, Crop, AutoFocus, etc.
- Can scan in TIFF format or SuperScan (for processing with METIS Light Inspector Software)
- Includes METIS Light Inspector software allowing to:
- Reprocess the light direction for customized visual appearance
- Generate 3D Depth MAP (embossing data) and optimize it for the required use
- Generate a Glossiness MAP (reflectivity data) for any kind of use
- Generate standard TIFF files perfectly in register for color, 3D and Glossiness data
- Stitch longer originals that could not fit in one scan
- Includes a special scan mode allowing to capture one or more color charts generated from ColorGATE Production Server software (and printed using customer printer). Color charts are profiled and scanned in a special way within METIS SURF 3D software so as to provide required colorimetric data to ColorGATE profiling module allowing to create a printer ICC profile in a matter of a few minutes only.
- Includes a standard license for ColorGATE Production Server software which also includes ColorGATE printer Profiling Module and a specific driver for METIS SURF 3D scanner.
- ColorGATE Production Server can further be extended in order to directly drive one or more printers in the customer workflow. For further information on ColorGATE Production Server and options please contact ColorGATE directly at this link: www.colorgate.com