In developing the UScan UF (Universal Film) Series, The Crowley Company has employed three decades of industry-leading Mekel Technology and Wicks and Wilson production-level microfilm, microfiche and aperture card scanner technology, ensuring a constant improvement to the whole microfilm scanning range at Genus.
Does your digital microfilm reader have these capabilities?
NEW 20 MP High Resolution Image Sensor
A new camera with a bigger image sensor provides full-motion response, eliminating on-screen distortions.
NEW 40% Faster Batch Scanning
Improved electronics and camera allows the automatic batch scanning software,
RapidScan, to capture 40% faster than with previous models.
Customisable buttons and shortcuts allowing staff to restrict users from certain settings
Step by step on-screen assistant to guide users through the scanning process, thus saving library staff time instructing users
Payment System Ready
The UScan+ digital microfilm reader works with all major payment systems
Save to the Cloud
Scan to Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive and more….
Learn more about the Wicks and Wilson UScan+ digital microfilm reader by watching the video
- NEW! 20 MP high resolution USB3 image sensor
- NEW! 40% faster batch scanning capabilities
- View, scan, save and share images from microfilm, microfiche, aperture cards, film negatives and more
- Scan, print or save in color, grayscale or bitonal capture
- Up to 2400 dpi resolution
- Customizable quick-start menu
- USB 3.0 connectivity
- ILL (Interlibrary Loan) Compatible
- Flexible output options: file save; network; USB; print; email; cloud; Dropbox; Google Drive
- Two built-in USB ports
- Standard features: touchscreen compatibility; manual and motorized roll film pods*; smart edit; annotation; timed auto-capture for film and fiche; Rapidscan batch scanning; opaque microcard template
- Scanner options: 3M adapter; vendor interface kit (pay-per-use); OCR searchable text capabilities; foot pedal; low-level platen handle; manual roll film winding handle; microfilm spool adapter; monitor stand; cleaning kit
*Also available without the roll film carrier
Building on the unprecedented success of the original UScan Universal Film scanner and incorporating more than 30 years of production-level manufacturing, Crowley introduce the new Mekel MACH Roll.