The Cerberus is available as a 35mm microfilm camera or as a high-resolution digital camera or as both. It will handle bound volumes or flat documents from A4 to A0 in size and has a choice of book cradles so that it can achieve the best solution to any Archives/Libraries filming or capturing requirements.
Book cradles available from double A4 to double A1
Book cradle can be rotated 360° or placed anywhere on platform
Precise adjustment for speed and pressure
Low Friction Book Shuttle
For single page filming of large books, with locking/friction setting.
Ease of Use
Switch for ease of loading large/heavy volumes & a roll in system with locking wheels
Fail 'safe' if electricity supply fails
The book cradle is a fully fail safe pneumatic design. It provides adjustment for both speed and pressure, so that even the most brittle and delicate volumes can have the minimum of handling in the most gentle way. It has a foot operated, rising top glass and falling book platen for page turning and loading. The book shuttle allows for easy single page filming of larger pages. The forward motion of the shuttle allows for the easy loading of heavy volumes and permits a 90 degree book frame to be used. The book cradle itself adjusts for left and right page book height and is cushioned to protect the cover.
The lighting systems are cold fluorescent that are microfilm balanced, digital balanced, or a combination of the two. Manual control gives full range adjustment or Automatic control uses a sensor pointed at the document to adjust the light levels for different colour and reflectance of the document. Additionally the light pods are protected by shutters – this means that the lights can stay up to temperature while books and documents are rested or changed. Very low UV and heat levels protect your documents at all times.
The shape of the pods give a wide and even light distribution.
The feature rich book cradle together with a very quiet compressor (as used in hospitals) combine to give the best book handling available. Genus have however considered the working environments that this equipment is used in and have simplified the ingenious design so that it can be installed and serviced in any country in the world without the need to obtain specialised parts or electronic components.
Full training can be given on installation.
The Camera Head
The Camera head is 35mm format with fully adjustable aperture, shutter and film pull through. The “through the lens” video system enables easy document alignment. Simple loading and operation. Manual lens control for full flexibility. Microfilm resolution 55mm lens
The “through the lens” video system enables the correct and fool-proof alignment of documents, as the video 'sees' the actual image that will be captured on film.The monitor display is mounted to the rear of the camera, in the operator's eye line.
• Resolutions in excess 150 lp/mm over entire reduction range.
• Maximum size of bound volume: 1,120 mm x 720 mm
• Rise and fall of book table: adjustable (typical 220 mm)
• Rise and fall of glass (front edge): 340 mm
• Clearance front edge (glass up table down): 520 mm
• 360 degree Camera head rotation
• 360 degree Book cradle rotation
• Adjustable frame advance (film pull down)
• Adjustable illumination
• Exposure time variable between 0.1 second and 9.9 seconds
• “Through the lens” video monitoring for document alignment
• Motorised forward and reverse camera head movement
• All camera head functions microprocessor controlled
• Optional range of digital camera systems
• Optional automatic exposure
• Optional book shuttle for single page filming of books
• Optional Map cradle.
• Optional 90 /120 degree book cradle