Genus/The Microfilm Shop will be Open for Business as normal during these troubled times of the COVID-19 virus. We have detailed below our responses, messages and new practices in light of COVID-19:
- Service Engineers and Maintenance Contracts – All of our Service Engineers will continue to work and visit your premises to maintain your equipment, if they are allowed by you. The Health and Well Being of our Engineers and your staff is our top priority. Our Engineers will be taking care of their own cleanliness and social distancing. If you have any specific procedures or rules that you need us to comply with then please let us know and we will endeavour to follow those instructions so that your equipment can continue to operate.
- Sales Visits and Demonstrations – Our sales visits and demonstrations will be cut to an absolute minimum to avoid social contact. To help maintain the knowledge and information you require from us we will be uploading new videos of our key equipment ranges to demonstrate how they operate and to show their unique advantages. In addition we will be introducing WebEx video demonstrations so that you can have a remote and personal product demonstration. Please contact us to arrange for your own personal web demonstration.
- Web Chat – In order to allow more socially distant communication we are increasing the capacity of our Web Chat via www.genusit.com. We now have five members of staff who can reply to your chat questions both from the office and remotely using a new App. If you have any questions please either e-mail or phone us as normal or now you can additionally use our web chat feature to talk to us.
- Fujifilm Microfilm – The supply and manufacture of Fujifilm Microfilm continues unaffected. The following is a Statement from Fujifilm this week.
Both of Japan and Holland are operating normally and nothing has changed, and there is no plan to be changed.
Japanese situation is stable now and all of our employees commute to the office as usual, and of course to the factory, too.
Even restaurant, and retail shop does not have any restrictions so still keep opening.
European situation is relatively hard to make a forecast and changing day by day, but as of today our Holland logistics is not planning to close.
If I have any updates, of course I will share with you immediately.
Deputy General Manager
Industrial Products Division
At our warehouse in Nuneaton, UK we have approximately 6 months of stock in addition to the stock held in Holland and Japan.
• Book, Document and Microfilm Scanners – We have talked to all of our main Equipment Suppliers, such as Avision, Brother, Crowley, InoTec, Metis, Microtek, SMA, Wicks & Wilson and Zeutschel, and they are all currently manufacturing equipment both for Genus and for their other dealers worldwide. We have over a dozen pieces of equipment coming into the UK in the next few weeks, using our conventional distribution methods. All manufacturer’s have committed to making new equipment as and when orders come in. Therefore please be aware that all types of equipment can still be supplied.
• Genus Staff – Where Genus staff can work from home we are taking Government and Medical advice for them to work at home. The majority of our Sales and Marketing staff will be working from home, although you should see no changes in service. In other departments we are splitting departmental staff into two groups and having one team work from home and the other work from the offices on a rotational basis – this way we reduce exposure and give ourselves contingencies, should members of either team become ill. Top priority is being given to our Digitisation studios where we are hoping to increase capacity, not reduce it. If you have collections that need digitising we can come and collect in a socially-distancing sympathetic manner and ensure your collections continue to be digitised whilst we are going through this international crisis.